The World’s A Stage

Theater Students Present The Addams Family Musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

The World’s A Stage

The cast of The Addams Family works on a musical number performed in the show. Dress rehearsal was held Tuesday in anticipation of the opening performance for Alma Middle School the next morning.

Hannah Reese

Hannah Reese

Hannah Reese

Airewaves Media

Maria Arreaga, Staff Writer

A semester of hard work will come together this week as the cast and crew of Airedale Theater present The Addams Family. There will be six performances this week, three of which are open to the public.

Tickets can be purchased for shows Thursday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Other shows are performed for both Alma middle and high schools, and for some area schools, transported to Alma to watch the production. Ticket prices are $15 for adults and $10 for students.

The Alma High School theater group wanted to put on a show that would match the energy of the play from last year’s production, Emma, said Danny Hobson, the musical’s director and theater teacher at Alma High school. 

“(It’s) a show we felt students would be excited to watch as well as perform,” Hobson said.

He added, “I love it when everything just seems to come together at the end. To watch the students work together backstage to put on that opening show is very magical. The audience never gets to see the army working behind-the-scenes, under the direction of Jasmine Willis, to make sure the show goes on and is successful. The relationships that are formed, the amount of trust and respect that is gained among the students, is all amazing to watch happen right there in front of you.”

Hobson said energy, passion and a strong work ethic is a must-have for his musical staff.

Pullquote Photo

At the end of the day, if our students aren’t excited about what they’re performing, they will have a difficult time entertaining an audience”

— Danny Hobson, AHS Theater Teacher

• The World’s A Stage

News

On A “Power Trip”

• News

Students Tour Campus

• The World’s A Stage

News

Attention To Detail

• The World’s A Stage

News

New Club Gives Back

• The World’s A Stage

News

Intervention Replaces Remediation