Yearbook Staff Makes Plans for the Year

Staff Members Spend the Day Exploring Theme and Cover Ideas for the 2018/19 Yearbook

Back to Article
Back to Article

Yearbook Staff Makes Plans for the Year

AHS yearbook staff members voice their ideas to design artist Bill Hook who turned those ideas into a concept cover design for the 2018/19 yearbook.

Carole Medlock, Journalism Adviser

Yearbook staff members recently attended Jostens fall yearbook workshop “Show Your True Colors” where they spent time learning about design elements and concepts and worked with a design artist to solidify this year’s theme and cover design for the book.

Award winning yearbook guru John Cutsinger spoke to attendees about developing a yearbook with both verbal and visual concepts. Artists were on hand to help staff members bring their cover ideas to life as Alma yearbook staff members shared their collective vision for the 2018/19 yearbook.
Senior students Taylor Burress and Geneva Brown and junior students Hannah Reese and Leonie Thoben attended the seminar. All students received instruction on Jostens Page Designer program. Burress and Reese attended a special session on photoshop while Brown and Thoben learned about a new program feature called HP Reveal that allows video to be linked to pictures in a yearbook.
After the workshop, staff spent time in a strategic planning session framing the year using information and strategies offered by presenters.
  • Yearbook Staff Makes Plans for the Year

News

On A “Power Trip”

News

The World’s A Stage

• News

Students Tour Campus

News

Attention To Detail

News

New Club Gives Back