Homecoming A Success

Students Enjoyed Homecoming Activities

Hannah Stubbs
Glen Holloway gives daughter Maddi a kiss after placing the homecoming crown on her head. Maddi Holloway was selected as Alma High School 2017 Homecoming Queen.

Alma PawPrint Staff

Alma High School students recently celebrated Homecoming. Some of the week’s events were time-honored, while others could spark new traditions.

Homecoming Queen Maddi Holloway and her court were honored at the annual homecoming parade and a school assembly at the Performing Arts Center; the queen was ultimately crowned during festivities before the football game against Farmington. All of these events have been observed at homecoming in the past.

But new this year, organizations invited alumni members to join in the celebration.

Band alumni took the field with the Pride of Alma during pre-game, and dance alumni rehearsed and performed a routine with the current team. Alumni cheerleaders were invited to cheer on the Airedales during the first quarter of the football game. Each organization’s alumni were well-represented.

In addition, a homecoming concert was performed for Alma students after the coronation of the queen in the PAC. Robert Tepper, recording artist best known for his “Rocky” theme song hit, entertained the student body along with local musician, Chris Cameron.

The Airedales came out on top, beating the Cardinals 42-18.

After the football game many students showed up for the 2nd annual Homecoming Bonfire. The bonfire replaced the Homecoming Dance after attendance at the dance declined in recent years.