News of the Airedales

PawPrint

Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Has Alma Found a New Tradition?

Junior Bobby Freeman bobs for apples at the National Honor Society's bonfire activity.

Hannah Stubbs

Hannah Stubbs

Carter McLaughlan, Staff Writer

I got a lot of positive feedback from students coming up and telling me how awesome it was, and it was such a success that Mr. Valentine says he wants to do it again next year.”

— Student Council President Sara Wilson

The Homecoming bonfire, hosted by Alma High School student council in place of the traditional dance, appeared a successful alternative.

The bonfire took place behind the football stadium Friday after the homecoming game against Clarksville. According to Ida Lewis, AHS secretary, roughly 200 students bought wristbands to attend the event.

In comparison, last year about 70 students attended the homecoming dance, and an estimated 30 of those were student council members who were required to attend, according to this year’s Student Council President Sara Wilson.

Wilson said that student council wanted the activity this year to be enjoyable for more students, so the idea for a bonfire was carried out, and was generally a huge success.

“I got a lot of positive feedback from students coming up and telling me how awesome it was,” Wilson said, “and it was such a success that Mr. Valentine says he wants to do it again next year.”

The student led entertainment, originally inspired by a tight budget was widely popular. Several student took to the stage and sang, entertaining the student body in attendance. A couple of clubs set up game booths also, including National Honor Society who encouraged students to bob for apples. FCCLA provided marshmallows for students to roast at the bonfire and hot dogs were available for students to eat.

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

News

School Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Gymnasium

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Features

Nature Photo Essay

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

News

Freshman Students Tour Art Museum

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

News

The Pride of Alma Marching Band Competes

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Features

Students Get “Buggy” With It

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

News

AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Entertainment

The World of Pokémon Invades Alma High

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

News

Alma High School Yearbooks On Sale

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Features

Double Trouble

• Homecoming Bonfire A Success

Showcase

Homecoming Court Named

News of the Airedales
Homecoming Bonfire A Success