News of the Airedales

PawPrint

AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Spirit Days and Homecoming Bonfire Encourage School Spirit

AHS Student Council President Sara Wilson talks other StuCo members Shealynn Stannard and Abby Wilson as the group prepares to make posters for Homecoming Week.

Sydney Denney

Sydney Denney

Carter McLaughlan, Staff Writer

Homecoming week is back at Alma High School, and one could say it’s new and improved, because there are a few things that are going a little differently than last year.

For one, spirit week dress up days have changed from the usual themes. On Monday, students are encouraged to wear their fall flannels and, if they have them, Make-A-Wish t-shirts. AHS Student Council will be presenting a “Wish Wall” during the lunch hours, where students can purchase a star to put on the wall and show their support for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Tuesday has been deemed Collegiate Day. Wear a shirt or jersey supporting your favorite college. Following that is Western Wednesday, inviting students to dress up as cowboys, Indians, or any other character straight out of a Wild West film.

On Thursday, the students of AHS are instructed to “act their age,” which refers to the grade you’re in. Underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) should come dressed as little kids, babies, or toddlers, while the upperclassmen (juniors and seniors) come dressed as senior citizens.

Friday, of course, is the day to wear green and gold to cheer on your favorite football team in their game against Clarksville. The game will start at 7 p.m. at Airedale Stadium with Homecoming Queen Taylar Lee and her court to be presented before the game at 6:40 p.m..

The homecoming parade will be held in downtown Alma, as always, on Thursday at 6 PM.

Another deviation from tradition this year is the bonfire that will be held after the football game instead of the usual dance. The bonfire will take place between the football stadium and the softball field from 10:30 until 11:30 p.m. AHS clubs will be manning booths that host games and snacks, and fellow classmates will be providing live music.

Tickets for the bonfire will be sold in the form of wristbands for $3 during lunches on Thursday and Friday. Students will wear the wristband to the bonfire to get in. Only Alma High School students will be admitted to the bonfire.

The Homecoming Queen and her court will be presented to the student body at an assembly to be held in the Performing Arts Center Friday at 2:25 p.m..

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

News

School Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Gymnasium

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Features

Nature Photo Essay

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

News

Freshman Students Tour Art Museum

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

News

Homecoming Bonfire A Success

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

News

The Pride of Alma Marching Band Competes

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Features

Students Get “Buggy” With It

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Entertainment

The World of Pokémon Invades Alma High

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

News

Alma High School Yearbooks On Sale

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Features

Double Trouble

• AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence

Showcase

Homecoming Court Named

News of the Airedales
AHS Homecoming Activities to Commence