News of the Airedales

PawPrint

Community Pep Rally a Success

Kelsey Corder

Kelsey Corder

Josh Puentes, Staff Writer

Alma High School recently hosted the first community pep rally leading up to The Battle of the Bone, a rival football game against Van Buren. Held in the parking lot behind Sonic, the event had a good turnout and the community, as well as students, appeared to have a good time.

From the beginning the parking lot was almost full. Those in attendance enjoyed the band playing, the cheer and dance teams performing, and even a chicken wing eating contest. Math teacher Brant Law, band member Zeik Gregory and football player Trey Peterson participated in the contest; Peterson was declared the winner.

The store manager of CV’s grocery store says the pep rally was a good way to pull the community together. A CV’s employee said he feels like it will help the number of supporters at school events and may even bring new people to Alma.

Pizza Place manager Adam Daily said events like the pep rally help the local stores. He said several students he has met at school events have later become his employees.

Both of the businesses are located in the shopping mall where the pep rally was held.

The Alma Police Department always provides support for school events. Alma Police Department patrolman Travis Sharp said,  “I think it was a great idea. I like that it was at CV’s too. That makes me feel like it includes not just the students, but the whole city. Besides the spinach festival and July 4th, there aren’t any community events. It was a good time.”

• News

School Offers Free Breakfast

• Uncategorized

Brooke Friddle

• Community Pep Rally a Success

Uncategorized

Matthew McNally

• Community Pep Rally a Success

Uncategorized

Jasmine Recinos

• Uncategorized

Geneva Polk

• Community Pep Rally a Success

Uncategorized

Grace Peters

• Uncategorized

Jaden Petree

• Uncategorized

Elyssa Mansell

• Uncategorized

Elysia Crawford

• Uncategorized

Logan Guerra

News of the Airedales
Community Pep Rally a Success