News of the Airedales

PawPrint

International Students Arrive

Exchange Students to Spend their Year in Alma

Families anxiously await the arrival of international students they will be hosting for the school year.

Submitted photo

Submitted photo

Twelve international students arrived in Alma in late August to begin a year of study at Alma High School, each hoping to accomplish something from international study. Host families were waiting at the Fort Smith Regional Airport to greet them and introduce them to their new homes.

All of the students are in the United States on an F1 visa, according to Eileen Parham, the local coordinator for the exchange program. The classification means that students will receive credit for the classes they take at AHS  with grades that will transfer to their home country.

Nine male students and three female students came from a variety of countries including Thailand, China, Spain, Switzerland and Germany. Each student has their own idea about what they would like to accomplish during their time in the US.

Freshman student Jiazhi Sun is from China and said he hopes to attend a university in the US. He said he has his eye on Carnegie Mellon in Pennsylvania where he hopes to study in a computer related field.

Sun said he enjoys attending school in America because the school environment is more relaxing than in his home country. He also said he enjoys a more moderate amount of homework that is given to him at AHS.

• News

School Offers Free Breakfast

• Uncategorized

Brooke Friddle

• International Students Arrive

Uncategorized

Matthew McNally

• International Students Arrive

Uncategorized

Jasmine Recinos

• Uncategorized

Geneva Polk

• International Students Arrive

Uncategorized

Grace Peters

• Uncategorized

Jaden Petree

• Uncategorized

Elyssa Mansell

• Uncategorized

Elysia Crawford

• Uncategorized

Logan Guerra

News of the Airedales
International Students Arrive