Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Colton Gregory, Student Contributor

The book Percy Jackson and the Olympians is a good book for most ages. I really enjoy how it mixed Greek mythology into the modern world by using half bloods, the kids of a god and a mortal person. This is book three of the series. Throughout the books of this series, people have grown close to Jackson, and they feel connected with him. He has been through a lot, from going to the underworld to confront Hades, going through the Sea of Monsters to save Grover and retrieve the magical fleece. Now he must stop Olympus from falling.
In the previous book, Jackson found out that Luke, another half blood, has turned and is trying to bring back Kronos from the Underworld. Luke is also bringing back ancient monsters that have not been seen since the ancient times. Now in this book he is building an army to fight the gods and all of the other creatures and half bloods that are on the gods’ side. Now Jackson, the son of Poseidon, Thalia the daughter of Zeus, and Grover must go hunt a monster that could bring down Olympus. While doing this, they are faced with monsters chasing them. They have to save Annabeth the daughter of Athena and save Artemis, the god of the hunt. They have to do it in one week before the Winter Solstice. It does not help that they have to go all the way across the country from New York to San Francisco to find the monster which they have no idea what kind of monster it will be. While doing all of this, they still have to save Annabeth and Artemis.
While on their journey to save Olympus, fight the monster, stop Luke and find Annabeth and Artemis, they are faced with another challenge along the way. There is a prophecy that a child of the big three will make a decision that will either save Olympus or destroy it. The big three are Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Percy thought this prophecy was about him because he was the only child of the big three. But when the tree was poisoned that Thalia got turned into it died and turned to dust, her body was there and she was still alive. Thalia was turned into a tree six years ago when she fell in battle at the top of half blood hill. Her father Zeus made her a tree so she would not die and she could protect the camp. Now that Jackson knows the prophecy is about Thalia, he must make sure she makes the right decision so Olympus will not fall.
This is an exciting book that will keep you wanting to read more. Will Olympus fall? Will Luke be stopped and Annabeth and Artemis be saved? Will Thalia make the right decision? The only way to find out is to read this book; you won’t regret it.