Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Rachel Banks, Staff Writer

On December 18, 2015, history was made. Since 2005, we have been hungry for more Star Wars. I remember being 10-years-old watching the original movies on VHS with my dad, soaking up every bit. Now, as an 18-year-old senior in high school, I am still vastly in love with these movies. On the day after it was released in theaters, my dad and I went to the cinema in Fort Smith. When we walked out, he said that it was “the first time in a long time he’d gone into a movie without having an idea of what would happen.” Since it was announced that they would be making a new Star Wars movie, we had avoided trailers and potential spoilers like the plague. With newer actors and actresses, such as Daisy Ridley as Rey and John Boyega as Finn, the movie was great; what really set it off in my opinion were the returning actors, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia and, of course, Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

The Force Awakens follows the young scavenger, Rey, and a defector name Finn, as they find themselves involved in the Resistance and the fight against Kylo Ren and the First Order. With the help of Han Solo, they are determined to deliver information about Luke Skywalker’s whereabouts to the Resistance. Unfortunately, the First Order is also interested in this information as Luke is the last known Jedi Knight.

This movie will make you laugh, cry and roll your eyes, but it is so worth seeing. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is likely to be in theaters for quite a while, so be sure you go to your local cinema and check it out for yourself. You will not be sorry.